Read through the obituaries published in Napa Valley Publishing
Napa Valley News
Highlights from major events that happened around the world on this day in history.
California hotel sales hit a record median price per room through the first six months of 2019, at $130,025, according to a report from Atlas Hospitality Group.
Redwood Credit Union (RCU) announced the opening of its new, full-service branch in American Canyon at 406 Napa Junction Road, Suite 126 in the Napa Junction Shopping Center.
- It's taking the US government up on a promise made nearly 200 years ago August 25, 2019The Cherokee Nation announced Thursday that it intends to appoint a delegate to the US House of Representatives, asserting for the first time a right promised to the tribe in a nearly 200-year-old treaty with the federal government.
- Congressional freshman will 'help us see what Native Americans mean' January 25, 2019Before she was in Congress, Rep. Deb Haaland was initially resistant to make her Native American heritage the hallmark of her campaign for a US House seat in New Mexico.
- 'I have made mistakes': Warren apologizes at tribal forum August 19, 2019Elizabeth Warren did not wait long to address the question that lingered over her visit to a Native American presidential candidate forum Monday in Iowa.
- Prep Football: Napa High ends skid with 33-13 rout at Middletown August 24, 2019MIDDLETOWN — Usually it’s the Middletown High football program that bruises and batters opponents into submission, but the Mustangs found themselves on the other end of a beatdown Friday evening.
- Prep Football: Vintage dominates rival Wood in opener, 41-0 August 24, 2019After the Vintage High football team took a quick lead in Friday night’s season opener, Wood grabbed some momentum by forcing two straight punts at Memorial Stadium.
- Prep Football: American Canyon routs Deer Valley 40-8 in season opener August 24, 2019ANTIOCH — The American Canyon High football team went to Deer Valley for its season opener Friday night and came away with a convincing 40-8 win, thanks in large part to strong performances from Vance Eschenburg and Ezekiel Anderson.
- Prep Football: St. Helena pulls away for 46-27 win over St. Patrick-St. Vincent August 24, 2019ST. HELENA — Standing near the center of Bob Patterson Memorial Field late Friday night, a hoarse Brandon Farrell was anything but at a loss for words.
- 'That was exhausting': Football's back and Florida survives August 25, 2019The No. 8 Gators edged Miami in a wild, mistake-filled season opener.
- Luck retires, calls decision 'hardest of my life' August 25, 2019Saying constant injuries have taken the joy out of the game, Andrew Luck announced his retirement from the NFL on Saturday night.
- What just happened? Barnwell makes sense of Andrew Luck's shocking decision August 25, 2019The Colts quarterback's shocking retirement changes the entire complexion of the NFL, in 2019 and beyond.