Don’t miss Wednesday’s most popular stories from Napa Valley Publishing.
Napa Valley News
Civil center planning and the Dwight Murray Plaza makeover have been suspended indefinitely.
If you’re still anxious about your produce, stick to what we do know for sure: Germs on fruits and vegetables are killed when cooked.
California job losses are expected to be in the region of 3.9 million.
- Officials moved quickly in the fight against coronavirus. This is what the state is doing right in its response. April 8, 2020In photos | Newsletter | Podcast | Q&A | How to help | Tracking the virus
- US death toll is more than 13,000
- Looking ahead: Future projections are better than expected April 8, 2020The US war against coronavirus took a devastating turn this week. But with more people taking social distancing seriously, new modeling predicts the coming months won't be as dire as initially feared.
- American Canyon High Track and Field: It’s a short season for first-year coach Williams April 7, 2020First-year American Canyon High track and field head coach Stefani Williams saw her team compete in only three meets.
- Napa Valley Prep Baseball: Already a top prospect, American Canyon's Tyree Reed is striving for more April 7, 2020American Canyon outfielder Tyree Reed, an Oregon State commit, was recently ranked the No. 1 junior in the country. Even with his season canceled, he hasn't stop striving to reach his goals.
- Napa High Girls Lacrosse: Grizzlies' season ends before it begins April 5, 2020Napa High was getting ready for its first-ever girls lacrosse game when the season was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Vintage High Girls Lacrosse: Not a bad start, er, pandemic-shortened season for Crushers April 4, 2020The Vintage girls lacrosse team was competitive for most of its pandemic-shortened inaugural season, even winning a thriller.
- Saban learns to email, text amid social distancing April 8, 2020Alabama coach Nick Saban says social distancing amid the coronavirus pandemic has forced him to finally learn how to email and send a text message.
- Sources: CP3, Young, LaVine plan on H-O-R-S-E April 8, 2020Chris Paul, Trae Young and Zach LaVine are among those expected to compete in a televised H-O-R-S-E competition that will also include WNBA players and NBA alums, sources told ESPN.
- 10 interesting nuggets from Brady's interview with Stern April 8, 2020Brady opened up about when he knew he was going to a new team, the importance of legacy and much more.